Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: China Experience ?

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:17:04 +1200

<bonk () webchat chatsystems com> wrote:

From a security standpoint, I've found that null routing all of their IP
space you can find is very benefecial.  In dealing with security and abuse
related issues for quite some time, I have never had China reply or take
any action so I've been forced to the extreme in the case with China (and
others).

Just make sure, if you enact such a policy, that you do not make the
mistake some very large (and/or very lazy) ISPs already have of
assuming, when setting such filters, that "China == APNIC is close
enough"...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald