Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: fswserv.html ????

From: Adam Bultman <adamb () glaven org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:25:05 -0500 (EST)

I haven't seen anything like this before but have you thought about
contacting the Tech for that CIDR or 'abuse () rr com'.  Other than that
try killing the connections with a firewall rule or Apache ACL, or
create a empty page so the client can request it and see if it will go
away after a successfull get request.  Whois details below.

I suggest not letting the servers get the page they are requesting - I've
done things like that before, and when I 'allowed' the pages to be
accessed, requests skyrocketed.  When I blocked the requests altogether,
they still persisted, but abated over time.

Note: I still get requests, but they no longer take any bandwidth.

Adam