Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Yet Another Nimda Thread (YANT)

From: hvdkooij () vanderkooij org
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:30:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Portnoy, Gary wrote:

I heard there were a few reports of Nimda going completely quiet in certain
netblocks, but none were substantiated.  I haven't seen a single Nimda IIS
exploit attempt since a little before 10 AM (EST).  I checked my IDS, apache
logs, IIS logs -- nothing.  Seems like it went silent.  Still seeing CodeRed
though. Can any one correlate?  I am somewhere in the 12.27 netblock :)

Could be something else. Last hit I got was at 19:07 CET (17:07 UTC) and
the rubble goes on as ever. (Every 3 hours I drop a report for CodeRed and
for nimda on my server so anyone wanting to have a clue can have a glance
at it.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij () vanderkooij org         http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/