Security Incidents mailing list archives

Corrupted IE with nimda virus

From: "Chris Thornberry" <chris () cameronaa com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:20:04 -0500

Has anyone else had issues where their IE has become infected with the
nimda virus and they are then unable to use the program? I had this
issue on one of my boxes after the box had its Virus Definitions from
Norton updated.

Well, I figured ... heck ... I'll just reinstall outlook and show those
idiots. Well, I'm the idiot now. I am unable to run the installer
because it says there is an instance that is still running and I need to
restart to fix it. As many of you can imagine, restarting doesn't make a
hill a beans of difference.

Any ideas? I figure there is a registry hack to fix this.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Thornberry MCSE, CCNA, A+
Systems Engineer