Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: NIMDA has a built in timer? No hits lately

From: Paul Gear <paulgear () bigfoot com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:13:17 +1000

David Kennedy CISSP wrote:

I started getting hit @ 13:09:55 UTC this morning.  My sensor have
not been touched since 19:15:10 UTC this afternoon.

Hypothesis:  It's exhausted the IP space that would touch my IP's or
it's turned itself off (if so will it turn itself on tomorrow ~1300
UTC?)

Well, it's still going for it here in Australia at 23:00 UTC on
2001-09-18.

Looking at the Internet Weather Report and the Internet Health
Report, the net-performance hit seems to be easing.

No sign of performance improving here.  I visited the URL of the
previously-noted defaced site in Iran around 10 minutes ago, and the
77 Kb readme.eml that it wants to download is only 9% complete.  (I'm
on 256 Kbps cable, but maybe it's more an indication that their links
are flooded.)

Paul