Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: similar problems to (NET-MDC-NET)

From: "fuzzz" <fuzzz () charter net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:19:41 -0500

similarly the University for which I am a System Security Analyst holds the
class B X.Y other X.x ranges continue to slam us with code red traffic
including Cisco of all people. Any attempts at communication via arin listed
contacts has proved useless. the 100 to 200 code red hits are camouflaging
another 20 or so other http exploits to the point where we are having some
difficulty sorting the other exploits from the noise.  Any rational
suggestions are welcome, we have decided Code-"fixit" would do more harm
than good reguardless of legal implicatoins.

fuzzz () webchoice net