Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Finding out who owns particular IP addresses

From: Octavian Popescu <octav () HIDEOUT ART RO>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:10:19 -0200

Well,it looks like you received the Hybris virus in one of it's many
forms.
In the last time,it is ussually sent as an attachment with a random
name,composed of eight capitalized letters. Some of the previous
attachment names included joke.exe,dwarf4you.exe,midget.scr and appeared
to be sent from "hahaha () sexyfun net".
Visit www.sexyfun.net for more details - some hosting company bought
the domain and posted some info related to this virus.

--
Octavian Popescu
http://hideout.art.ro