Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Ramen detect script

From: "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw () WITTSEND COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:36:03 -0500

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 08:55:52PM +0100, Patrick Oonk wrote:
Hi,

I made a small ramen detect perlscript for the casual user.
It can be found at http://www.pine.nl/~patrick/chopstix.pl

Notice I use netstat, but I don't know if the rootkit replaces
it. I have no infected system to test.

        RootKit?  What root kit?  Unless you have a different
version of Ramen, I don't see a root kit in there anywhere
or anything that's attempting to clean up after it or hide it.

The script can be found at http://www.pine.nl/~patrick/chopstix.pl,
please post any improvements/commants/rants. YMMV

      p.

--
 Patrick Oonk -  PO1-6BONE -  patrick () pine nl -  www.pine.nl/~patrick
 Pine Internet  -  PAT31337-RIPE  -   Hushmail: p.oonk () my security nl

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw () WittsEnd com
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/