Security Incidents mailing list archives

Web Deployed Virus

From: Opus <opus () IRCORE COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:12:13 -0600

I have noticed that alot of mail systems do not accept attachments or is
seeing the the attachement i sent as a virus, my apologies to you all, i
purposely did not send the virus its self, but only the content of the web
page, which does not directly contain the virus.  The file that was sent
was named purposely 'script' so that it could not be accidentally
executed.

If you curiosity gets the best of you , the file should be viewed in
notepad or vi, which i am sure the majority of you realize.  I have put
the original message of my email on a  web page
http://www.ircore.com/virus/index.htm and you can download the gzipped
file from there, if you want it, it is at the bottom of the page.  The
virus can not be executed from this web page being it is in a gzipped tar
ball.

Again my apologize to the list
Opus
--