Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: FTP and RPC based worms [was anyone else ...]

From: Magnus Ullberg <UllbergM () ABCBANK COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:53:50 -0600

I checked our logs and it seems likve we've had 10-20 different ip addresses
scan for tcp/111, tcp/21, or tcp/27374
Whats the standard approach? Just leave it alone since it doesn't affect
your network or contact the people the scan came from?
One of the sites resolve to mailgate.lostinspace-hub.com.. that sounds like
a box they don't want rooted.. so I will probably email them.. but what
about the other? There are misc. @home/dialup addresses, etc.

Thanks,
Magnus Ullberg
Network Coordinator