Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: FTP scans from wanadoo.fr

From: Dave Morris <trojan1 () vizzavi net>
Date: 20 Dec 2001 07:38:10 -0000

I've noticed the same activity from this ISP.  The only
difference I have noticed is with each attack, we get
one single bad FTP attempt amongst a hoard of eeye-
retina scans (anywhere between 10,000 to 60,000 of
them).  I'm not sure whether the FTP attempt is part
of that scanning program or whether it's simply an
attempt to mask the activity with a blur of alerts.