Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Code Red, anyone?

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:46:18 -0600 (MDT)

2001-08-01 15:03:54, 2002500, Suspicious URL, 210.63.234.152, ,
v.v.v.v, , , 1,

Strange, BlackICE Defender doesn't log timezone explicitly, I guess.  I'm
PDT, and this was 8:03 A.M., so the log entry must be UTC.

My first Code Red this week, on my home machine this morning.  I captured
it, it's standard CRv2.

As a side note, I had an e-mail from ISS last night that said they've got
a new set of sigs for Real Secure, including the .ida overflow.  I imagine
most ISS admins get the same mail, but just in case...

                                                Ryan