Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Code Red, anyone?

From: jan () hundert6 de
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:35:54 +0200 (CEST)

Well, from my various log files I can tell you one thing: the
last probe / hit on my webserver was on July 20th.

Today, last night... nothing, nada, niente.

I can't help it, but the whole bally-hoo somehow reminds me of
the y2k hysteria some media folks (and not only them) used to
build up.

I work for a radio station and ALL news agencies sent
out at least a short notice on how this terrible thing will most
probably tear down the mysterious medium everyone calls
internet.

Well, the point is: Now that the media made such a big buzz and
the worm has not brought down the whole net, people might take
future warnings less seriously. Let's see how this developes.

Bye, Jan

--
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin
- EDV -