Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Code Red

From: Michael Tucker <mtucker () energygraphics com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:37:00 -0500

I received one CRv2 probe this morning, from an engineering firm in Florida
(US). I "whois"ed the IP address, visited their Web site, and found the
familiar "Hacked by Chinese!" message. I've emailed the webmaster to let
them know.

Yours,
Michael
-----
Michael C. Tucker           |  Java Developer
Energy Graphics, Inc.       |  Software Engineer
mtucker () energygraphics com  |  Sun Certified System Engineer

It's the action, not the fruit of the action that's important.  You have
to do the right thing...  You may never know what results come from your
action.  But if you do nothing, there will be no result.  (Gandhi)