Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: isakmp before smtp?

From: Mike Fratto <mfratto () NWC SYR EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:59:40 -0400

I don't recall and I haven't had time to install a virgin W2K server from
scratch to see. (if no one else answers on this list I will do a virgin
install just to check later in the week.) But my guess is that you'll start
to see more of these entries in your logs because having optional IPsec is
pretty enticing and from the user point of view there's no noticeable
performance hit.

At 01:46 PM 9/11/00 +0200, Philipp Buehler wrote:
On 10/09/2000, Mike Fratto <mfratto () nwc syr edu> wrote To Philipp Buehler:
> The MTA is a Windows 2000 box that is configured to try to use IPsec VPN
> for communications if possible, but fall back to clear text in IPsec fails.
*sigh*
Is this a default setting?

ciao
--
Philipp Buehler, aka fIpS | sysfive.com GmbH | BOfH | NUCH | <double-p>
%SYSTEM-F-TOOEARLY, please contact your sysadmin at a sensible time.

Mike Fratto
Senior Technology Editor
Network Computing
001 Machinery Hall