Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: No one wants responsibility

From: "Craven, William" <William.Craven () IBX COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:33:32 -0400

I wonder if a unresponsive and/or uncooperative ISP would 'have time' if it
were clearly stated in an intrusion report that lack of response/cooperation
would result in the blocking of the ISPs subnet at your firewall for an
indefinite time period and notification to public security posting
identifing the ISP and your response so that others may do likewise if they
wish(censure if you will). The ISPs customers may have something to say if
they start to loose access to substantial portions of the Web.
I suggest this as a possible response to an unfriendly neighbor that
supports the pillage of the neighborhood by his houseguests. I would hope to
promote personal responsability and accountability in the neighborhood.
Bill C.