Security Incidents mailing list archives

Attacks stemming from your network.

From: "St. Arnaud, Jon" <jon.starnaud () RCI COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:54:49 -0500

Dear BTInternet,

You were notified on the 26th of October, 2000 that one of your users
was attempting to brute force their way into www.adultsexmall.com and
www.missyscorner.com.  You were provided with all appropriate log files
and specifics.

You were again notified on the 28th of October, 2000 that one of your
users was attempting to brute force their way into www.cyberchik.net.
Again, you were provided with all appropriate log files and specifics.

In spite of the notifications, attacks continue to originate from your
user.  Today, the attacker has decided to go after different targets
such as Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam, Potsdam, and is currently
trying to break into our firewall.

Again, I will forward you all the logs, GMT -5.  As the upstream
provider, you will be held accountable.

Jon St. Arnaud
RCI IT
Sr. Security Analyst
Phone: (317) 805-8757
Email: Jon.Starnaud () RCI COM

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify me
immediately by return email or telephone number above and destroy the
original message. Thank you.

                                           \|||/
                                           (o o)
    |  Jon St. Arnaud                  Jon.StArnaud () rci com   |
    |  RCI Information Technologies    SaintJon () Sysconn com |
    |  IT Security operations                               |
    |                                 .oooO                 |
    |                                  (  )  Oooo.          |
                                         \_)  ) /
                                             (_/