Security Incidents mailing list archives

Ping flood?

From: Andre Kajita - Administrador da Rede <admin () CAMARASJC SP GOV BR>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:18:58 -0200

Greets list,

I was hit, at 09:37:36 -> 09:37:42 (-2 GMT) by 83 pings originating
from the 83 unique hosts (mail me for a complete list of hosts if you
want it) directed towards a single host.  Snort picked them up as *NIX
Type pings.

I guess they were probably spoofed hosts due to the fact that they all
hit within a 7 second window.  The intresting things about the flood
of pings was that all the TTLs were in the high 40s and low 50s (not
that it means anything, it's just something I noticed).

Has anyone been hit by anything like this in the past few days?

Andre.
--
Andre Kajita - Administrador da Rede <admin () camarasjc sp gov br>
Camara Municipal de Sao Jose dos Campos - SP