Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: MSRDP But...

From: Rob Shein <rshein () mail wash averstar com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:59:04 -0500

Assuming that it's not "Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition," try
using netcat to talk to it.  Furthermore, is it showing any connections?
RDP is rarely used in the Terminal Server environments I've seen; most
clients install the Metaframe add-on to use ICA, which works far better and
gives you all sorts of cool things like load balancing and application
publishing as well.