Security Incidents mailing list archives

IDS: Scan of the week

From: lance () SPITZNER NET (Lance Spitzner)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:19:14 -0500

I've started a new program to help both myself and
the IDS community learn, called "Scan of the Week".  Every
Monday I'll post a set of scan signatures I received
from the wild.  It is up to the security community
to determine which tools was used.  Then, every Friday,
I will post the results, which tool the security community
thinks was used.  Most of the time I have no idea which
tool was used, so its up to the community to determine
the tool.

I figured this is a fun way for us all to develop our
forensic skills.  For more info,
http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/papers.html

Thanks!

lance