Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: AMDROCKS

From: jst () INTEGRITY COM (J. S. Townsley)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:31:07 -0700

Please review the following.

http://www.cert.org/current/current_activity.html#bind

--JST

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Alejandro wrote:

Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:06:09 -0300
From: Alejandro <aflores () PCR RECIFE PE GOV BR>
To: INCIDENTS () SECURITYFOCUS COM
Subject: Re: AMDROCKS

      Hi,

      Recently I discovered a folder called ADMROCKS located on my
server inside /var/named, and I can't figure it out, how it was made, if I
was hacked, or if my machine is compromissed... Other strange thing was
that I discovered a line on /etc/inetd.conf invoking an interactive shell
owned by root. Im using linux redhat 6.1.

Thanks a lot,
Alejandro

Hi,

I have a Cobalt RaQ3 that some jerk messed up with
AMDROCKS. Can anyone tell me about it?

Has Cobalt done anything about this security weakness?

Thanks,

Jim

--
J. S. Townsley                          Senior System Administrator
jst () integrity com