Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: unapproved update from [166.93.60.5].61946

From: tkbidwell () NEXTLINK COM (Teri Bidwell)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:33:56 -0500

I've coorelated these to windows 2000 boxes at a previous
employer.   They appear to be trying to do DDNS with their
DNS server whether it's a MS  active-directory DNS server or not.
Other than generating superfluous traffic I have not found them
to actually do any harm.

teri

James Ankenbrandt <anken () IX NETCOM COM>@SECURITYFOCUS.COM> on 05/17/2000
01:50:19 PM

Please respond to James Ankenbrandt <anken () IX NETCOM COM>

Sent by:  Incidents Mailing List <INCIDENTS () SECURITYFOCUS COM>