Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Korea a classic ? was: IP blacklist

From: hektor () RZ RWTH-AACHEN DE (Jens Hektor)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:07:28 +0200

Hi,

do.geun.jo () kr arthurandersen com wrote:
There is a WHOIS server in KRNIC, which surely provide a contact list with "RFC
2142"
compliant addresses.

So, you mean
        http://whois.nic.or.kr/
with all these nice little letters an ordinary European can't
read or understand. Filling the IP adress into the query
field does not help either, so I had to use the domain name
I found out. That worked with apnic, too, but there should
be a netblock entry also, which is much easier, so I don't
have to nslookup/traceroute and so on.

Anyway, there is no RFC 2142 compliant adress.

If you do not want to go over such painful approach, just report your incidents
to cert () certcc or kr
with your solid evidence and wait for reply.
If you are sure that it came from one of the KAIST host, contact
paladin () sparcs kaist ac kr.

How can I retrieve this info ?

It is sad to see this kind of messages on one side and the "ph33r the b33r"
stuff on the other side.

?? Did not get what this means.

Bye, Jens

--
Jens Hektor, RWTH Aachen, Rechenzentrum, Seffenter Weg 23, 52074 Aachen
Computing Center Technical University Aachen, firewalls/network security