Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: lots of interest in port 109 (POP2)

From: jlewis () LEWIS ORG (Jon Lewis)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 23:42:05 -0500

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, harikiri wrote:

I can't comment on why POP-2 has become so popular all of a sudden, but I
can also confirm that a client of mine has seen a sweep of its class C for
the service - at two different times, from two unique ip's.

There's an old exploit:
Sekure SDI ipop2d remote exploit - Jun, 02 1999

I don't know why it's so popular all of a sudden.  I've seen at least one
scan in the past few days.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________