Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Port 7070?

From: ryan () SECURITYFOCUS COM (Ryan Russell)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:02:27 -0700

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, PARKIN, MICHAEL (PBI) wrote:

<snip>
ubiquitous 137 (NetBIOS) these connections to 7070 are recent.
<snip>
Is anyone aware of a trojan living on this port?
<snip>

I'm not aware of a trojan, but that's one of the default ports for a
Real Media server.  There have been a couple of DoS attacks published
recently for them.  I can't really imagine someone would go portscanning
for them, though, unless a more insteresting exploit was available.

                                        Ryan