Security Incidents mailing list archives

[UPDATE]Dos Trojan on Solaris

From: rpadilla () GSU EDU (Roderick Padilla)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:11:48 -0500

Thanks to all for all your responses and information. Today, is in the news
(again). It was Yahoo and then EBay and Cnn.com and others. Same thing.
Looks like there is no stop to this.

We are very small if we compare the since of those sites, but small sites
are the ones causing the problems. I would like to keep the subject going
but not sure if there are answers. SUN is quiet so far on this (as usual).

Please let me know if you find the source code of this "milk" or whatever
name appears to be in your system. Thanks!

Roderick Padilla                             Office:(404) 651-3832
Systems & Network Administrator Fax:   (404) 651-3842
http://www.cis.gsu.edu/~rpadilla                Email: rpadilla () gsu edu

Department of Computer Information Systems
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University
PO Box 4015
Atlanta, Georgia, USA  30302-4015