Security Incidents mailing list archives

CERT disclosure policy Re: More info regarding: std.pl, the rpc.statd linux mass rooter

From: marc <marc () ZOUNDS NET>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 14:40:31 -0600

On 16 Dec 2000, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

marc <marc () ZOUNDS NET> writes:
I've heard different things from a lot of people about this.  I do
not feel comfortable posting the script itself,

[...]

I will take the full script and send it to CERT, who has requested a
copy,

<URL:/http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/html/disclosure>

Fortunately, so to say...

        after reading that, it seems to me that would apply to the
vulnerability, in this case a statd vulnerability which is already well
known, but may not apply to their releasing new exploits or tools.

can anyone clarify that?

marc