Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Troyan in port 25 ???

From: Matt Rose <mattrose () FOLKWOLF NET>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:25:43 -0500

        Hmm, I get a whole bunch of wingdings (smiley faces, arrows, a
heart)  when I look at that output with a browser.  It looks like
something is using that port, but if it's a hacker, it's an awfully dumb
port to put your backdoor on.  Does this look like a familiar backdoor to
anyone?

Matt Rose        mattrose () folkwolf net          http://www.folkwolf.net
"I've seen scarier secret police agencies than his completely destroyed
by a Czech hippie playwright with a manual typewriter"  Bruce Sterling