Security Incidents mailing list archives

Troyan in port 25 ???

From: peter () FRIENDS COM
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 06:03:02 -0500

Does anyone known about a Troyan listening at port 25?

The Operating System is a WIN NT 4 w/SP6a.
We installed a WINNT 4.0. After that we installed service pack 6a and a
software for chat-server called "digichat".

Yesterday I tried to start a SMTP SERVER but the software gave me an error,
because the port 25 was begging used by other application.

Then i connect to that port and I receive this
"♥ ⁿ↓ ⁿ↓ ⁿ↓☺☻♥@☻`☺☺ ⁿ↓
ⁿ↓ ⁿ↓☺☺"
chain of data and the connection was not closed. Because I din't recongnise
any inet service using this code, I suppossed that may be a troyan.

I was thinking that may be the "Digichat" software the one using that port,
but after I stopped all services (including IIS note that SMTP service was
not installed), i realize that the port still was open.

Anyone have any information about this.

Thank you in advance ! :)

This message was sent with Sendpad.com.
The sender indicated his or her e-mail address as "peter () friends com"
Send anonymous e-mail right now at http://www.sendpad.com