Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: A point of view from the other end of the spectrum...

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () YAHOO COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:15:44 -0000

I fully agree with BOA's statement.  I know you guys
(sysadmins) are overworked.  I presented a paper
(http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/usenix.html) at the Usenix
LISA-NT conf, and had the opportunity to hear Marcus Ranum
speak.  Funny guy...kept the crowd's attention with his
jokes...and he had a message.  Part of the message was that
you guys should look to tools that automate security
management...which, oddly enough, was the focus of my
paper...automating policy-based security management for NT.

ForixNT has been released to do just that
(http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/forixnt.html).  ForixNT is an
NT audit scanner and a toolkit that NT admins can use to
automate security management.  Take a look.  There is a demo
available, as well as an example output of the full version.