Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: nepenthes for multiple ip addresses

From: Gergely Révay <gergely.revay () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:11:38 +0200

Hi,

If there is no address translation in the routing process then you
should have alias interfaces for those IPs which you want to listen
on.

For instance if the 192.168.1.0/24 network is redirected to your
computer then you should use a command like this:

$ for i in `seq 2 254`; do sudo ip addr add 192.168.1.$i/24 brd + dev eth0; done

(or something :) )

In this case when nepenthes listens on 0.0.0.0 then it means it listen
on the alias IPs as well.
If there is address translation in the routing then those packet
should have your IP as their destination IP and then it should work.
If you don't know you can check it with tcpdump.

I hope I helped.

Good luck!

Geri