Honeypots mailing list archives

nepenthes for multiple ip addresses

From: Viktor <gecko003 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:17:32 +0200

Hello!

I'm running nepenthes on a debian OS at an universiry network with a fix IP. I managed to get a high number of unused
IP addresses from the university network administrator, all traffic from these are routed to my computer. Now i'm
having 200 packet/s income rate, but nepenthes only looks for the traffic addressed to my own IP. Is there a way to
make nepenthes listening for all incoming packets despite the packet destination IP is not mine?
I have a lot of IPs, and they are random, changing every time, so it's not an option to give alternate IPs to my
interface.

Thanks in advance!

Viktor