Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Help find subject for a paper

From: "Colin Copley" <colin.75 () btinternet com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:11:55 +0100

---- Original Message ----- From: "Vinícius Batistela" <vinicius () batistela org>
To: <honeypots () securityfocus com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:35 AM
Subject: Help find subject for a paper

Hi, i'm from Brazil, student of computer science and i am doing a
paper about honeypots and honeynets. I have already done a research
and i know most of the concepts about them. But now, i have to choose
something more practical to do and i don't know what. I want to do
something that contribute with the community. So, i am here for ask
you, if someone know about something that i could do, that anyone have
done yet. It can envolve programming or a special implementation of
some honeypot  honeynet.

Hi,

I was wondering recently when I picked up a bit of spyware what the favourite marketing affiliate advertisement companies for hackers were. You know, affiliatefuture, dollarrevenue etc, the click through type guys. If honeynet organizations can compile a list of the common ones, and someone looks at ones they do not use, then checks the requirements to apply... whilst I'm sure the answer will be obvious, presumably cost and/or address requirements etc, some proper research might help create some business best practices for such companies. I haven't read much about that.

Of course, as you're a student and should be drinking not working, Pro's and Cons of Virtual Honeynets over actual hardware should be pretty straightforward.

Best Regards
Colin