Honeypots mailing list archives

Honey Patterns

From: jaboltz () bu edu
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:53:26 -0500

I wrote a paper for school while taking a course in network forensics to show how network fornesics could be enhanced by honeypots or honeynets.

I ended up with a section on patterns to describe the different ways that honeypots could be deployed in a network environment - use with IDS, forensics, deter and slow attackers, incident response, research, etc.

I have attached both a Word and PDF document to share for the purposes of research, scholarship and instruction in case anyone might be interested.

Take care,
Jeff