Honeypots mailing list archives

Most cost-effective approach to hosting a honeynet.

From: Christopher <vooduhal () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:28:31 -0400

I apologize if this is a repost.

I'm considering moving from the 3-5 honeypots that I currently have to
purchasing a block of IPs.
Since I have no academic affiliation and am doing this purely as a
hobby, my funding is limited to my own wallet so purchasing the most
address space I can get is important.
So far, the best price I've found is leasing a dedicated dual-core
server from theplanet.  It's ~$200/month for 58 IPs, 1GB of memory,
250GB of storage and 1500GB of transfer monthly.  I think the system
resources would be find for only 58 IPs, but does anyone know of a
cheaper way to get IP space.  A business DSL line to my house with
only 10 IPs is nearly that much.

Thanks,
Christopher

PS.
If anyone has lots of IPs and wants a volunteer
administrator/researcher, I would be more than happy to offer my time
and possibly funding.