Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honey Pot Creation

From: David Watson <david () honeynet org uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:33:52 +0100

Dev,

Worth a read when getting started with honeypots are:

The Honeynet Project books
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321166469/sr=8-1/qid=1155810395/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2156992-8800761?ie=UTF8
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321108957/sr=1-1/qid=1155810448/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2156992-8800761?ie=UTF8&s=books

Roger Grimes's "Honeypots for Windows" book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590593359/sr=1-2/qid=1155810484/ref=sr_1_2/104-2156992-8800761?ie=UTF8&s=books

And I`d take a look existing low and high interaction honeypot solutions:

http://www.securitywizardry.com/honeypots.htm

Most are pretty straight forward to test and experiment with in a lab.

Hopefully these links should be enough to get you started, good luck!

Thanks,

David

Dev Anand wrote:
Dear List members ,

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

I have started looking at honeyd and nepenthes howtos .

Thanks once again .

Regards
-Deva