Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honey Pot Creation

From: Hugo Francisco González Robledo <hugo.gonzalez () itslp edu mx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:20:48 -0500

Hi ..

Ok, you know how to make honeywall, but the honeypot you have 2 ways ..

you can use honeyd ... like brazilian team, to log activity without more
work, or nephentes or some other program that EMULATE services.

In the other hand, you can use your prefer Operating System, like linux
or windows, especially some old version, like windows XP without service
packs or Red Hat 9.0 or Suse 9.0. Its because it likes more easy to
hack.
Of course you must install sebek in the honeypot to have some monitoring
tool.

You must install some "atractive" service on that operating system, like
IIS that you know is vulnerable, or Sendmail on linux, or another
application that the atacker could interested on.

regards!