Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Re: Honeywall eth0 eth1 & eth2

From: george chamales <george () overt org>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:48:32 -0400

Anh,

Under normal circumstances, the honeywall acts as a layer two bridge
between the honeypots on the honeynet and the network that the honeynet
is deployed on.  The honeypots should use the same networking
information as the network that the honeynet is deployed on.  The
honeypots are in the same IP address space, use the same default gateway
and DNS servers as the non-honeynet machines on the network that the
honeywall is connecte to.

The internal (eth1) and external (eth0) interfaces on the honeywall
should not need to be configured with IP addresses.  You are most likely
not able to ping the honeywall due to the honeywall's firewall.

Why is it that you are trying to set the IP address of the internal
interface?

george