Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Sebek benchmarks?

From: "Siles, Raul" <raul.siles () hp com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:10:34 +0100

Hieu,
I would recommend to add some testing of the new Sebek write functionality added in the Linux 2.6 Sebek client.
Check the "sbk_install.sh" file and specifically the WRITE_TRACKING config variable.

It is still an experimental feature mainly due to performance issues that cause stability problems. Therefore your
benchmarks would help to tune it.

Additionally, if you could share the methodology you will follow and the tools you are going to use, it could help
others to perform similar tests with different Linux kernel versions and even different Linux Sebek versions, such as
the Linux 2.4 one. This would provide a more complete analysis.

As Ed, I'd love to see what you come up with.
Raúl Siles
GSE