Honeypots mailing list archives

Sebek benchmarks?

From: NAHieu <nahieu () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:21:30 -0500

Hello,

I am figuring out how much overhead Sebek costs on Linux 2.6
environment. I looked everywhere for a document that carried out any
benchmark on Sebek, but to no avail. Does such a paper/document
exists, but I dont know??

If it doesnt, I would like to run some benchmarks myself. I imagine
that these kind of benchmarks are necessary:
- Filesystem benchmark (because Sebek patches some I/O related syscalls)
- Network benchmark (Sebek patches socket syscall)
- ... (what more ?)

Anybody could please recommend me exactly which (standard) benchmarks
I should run? I will post the result to the list.

Many thanks.
Hieu