Honeypots mailing list archives

Honeywall hwctl problem

From: nils.gedicke () post rwth-aachen de
Date: 9 Dec 2005 19:23:49 -0000

Th problem is as follows:

I am using hwctl to configure my honeywall with an externaly generated honeywall.conf file. But during the startup
process I get
some FAILED messages when hwctl tries to start p0f and Snort.

What confuses me is, that hwctl seems to start some components for a second time and then with different results.
I.e. hwctl starts Snort_inline for the first time with OK result, then Snort with the
failure message. Later it starts both services again, but this time
Snort_inline produces a Failure while Snort gives the OK. The same goes for
p0f. It is called for a second time and gives OK then.

Nevertheless my honneywall seems to be running absolutely normal. So
what are those Failures? Are they something which can be safely ignored or is
something in the background going wrong wich isn't obvious in the running
system?