Honeypots mailing list archives

honeywall

From: Andrew Duane <elminster13 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:39:58 -0000

Hi all,

I am currently playing with setting up a honey net. I have a rather unusual
setup. I have a box that I would like to use with has no monitor port
(headless) and no cd rom drive. Although it does have three network cards. I
use it for different IDS usually.

I would like to stick honeywall on the device so I took the hard disc out
built it in a laptop set some config options dropped it back into the box
and now im stuck. As my laptop has only one port I had to manually set the
IP of eth0 so: ifconfig 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 then used a cross
over cable to see if I could ssh to it but no joy. Stopped iptables without
success. Idea being if I could connect to the device while in the laptop I
should be able to once it's in my headless box.

There is a console port on the box which would be ideal to manage it with
but it does not appear to work? Has console access been disabled?

Any suggestions would be great.

Regards

Andrew