Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Storing ALL Data from honeywall CDROM Roo version

From: "David Watson" <david () honeynet org uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:27:14 -0000

Jaime,

Assuming that your local host is an allowed management node for your Roo
Honeywall, you have a number of options:

1.      Use scp to copy the files from your local system to the remote
Honeywall - this is enabled on Roo by default:

# scp Honeywall:/path/file localfilename

2.      Use scp from the honeywall to get files from a remote system

3.      Use sftp (binary is available by default with Roo) to connect to
your local system and get the files

4.      Use the yum package management system to install the necessary
software. See for more details:

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_HOWTO/yum_HOWTO/

The Roo OS is simply a customised Fedora Core installation, so any standard
tool or technique should work. I hope this helps with your problem.

Thanks,

David

David Watson

UK Honeynet Project