Honeypots mailing list archives

honeytokens

From: Vijayakumar <gvij2000 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 12:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

I am relatively new in this area.I had some questions
and would be thankful if someone could shed some light
on them.

I had the idea for honeytokens sometime back.Then only
found out it  has been already thought off.I did not
know the keyword  "honeytoken".While i was talking to
a friend of mine,he said it sounds like a
honeypot.Then I searched on google for honeypot and
databases.I have decided to do my thesis on
honeytokens.

1.What are he key challenges involving honeytokens?

2.Why has it not been implemented on a large basis?

best
vijay

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching