Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: forkcmdexe.pl

From: Laurent OUDOT <oudot () rstack org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:52:23 +0200

Hallo,

By looking at the sample of errors and configuration you gave, here is
my 2 cents : could you check if the user with the UID 77811/GID 31553
can launch the file /etc/honeyd/scripts/cmdexe-1.06/cmdexe.pl ?
The problem might be related to that.
Cheers,

laurent, french-honeynet

David Halsband a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I am a student who is working for a university-honeypot-project in Germany.

My honeyd itself runs without any problem. All emulated services are
working, but I have difficulties with the script cmdexe.pl.

This is a part of my honeyd-configuration file:

### Windows computers
create windows
set windows personality "Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
set windows default tcp action reset
set windows default udp action reset
set windows default icmp action open
[...]
add windows tcp port 4444 "/etc/honeyd/scripts/cmdexe-1.06/cmdexe.pl -p
winxp -l //etc/honeyd/scripts/cmdexe-1.06/log"
[...]
set windows uid 77811 gid 31553
set windows uptime 1244462
bind 172.16.0.233 <http://172.16.0.233> windows

When I am trying to connect to this honeyd host to port 4444, I get the
following:

# telnet 172.16.0.233 <http://172.16.0.233> 4444
Trying 172.16.0.233...
Connected to 172.16.0.233 <http://172.16.0.233>.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Honeyd displays the following error information:

cmd_fork: execv(/etc/honeyd/scripts/cmdexe-1.06/cmdexe.pl)
..
Permission denied

Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Cmdexe.pl has all file access
permissions.
Any help would be appreciated.

David