Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyclients info

From: Kathy Wang <knwang () synacklabs net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:57:18 -0400

Hi David,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 07:20:35PM -0500, David Jiménez Domínguez <djdsecurity () gmail com> stated:
Hi Kathy!!

As I can see, is like looking for attacks  from HTTP, FTP, DNS
servers..... (If I'm not wrong)

Yes, you're correct here.

but, does the idea is to do the scan by itself (like a spider) or
while I'm using my web browser?

While you could do it either way, I'm implementing mine as a spider.

Is it going to report the events to a centralized sever... (may be a
honeyserver)?

Right now, there is no centralized server, but it could certainly
be done that way.

It looks like a interesting idea... just like dinamic honeypots....

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you think when it
is released.

Kathy