Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: wow(spammed for posting)

From: Joachim Schipper <j.schipper () math uu nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:01:32 +0200

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 12:05:15AM -0400, Jonas Yorg wrote:
I have already got 2 spams to this address since posting just earlier
today (I know they're both related to this and not general spam
because the subject line had my post title in it)...has anyone experienced
similar from being on this list?

(I'm really really glad this isn't an important e-mail address!)

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Are we talking spam, or backscatter? Backscatter can be reported to
lance -at- honeynet -dot- org, the list admin, who will try to get them
unsubscribed.

Spam is probably inevitable. Now that you mention it, I do seem to
receive a little more spam since I started posting here - but I also
re-started posting on Usenet and the spammers just might be developing
new techniques for bypassing SpamAssassin...

                Joachim