Honeypots mailing list archives

problem with honeyd scripts

From: mr jones <mrjones130 () yahoo fr>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:25:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of honeyd (1.0a-rc2) and it seems to works correctly,
but when I use service scripts like smtp.sh, ftp.sh, msftp.sh, exchange-smtp.sh... I have no interaction with them...

For instance, when I launch a telnet session on the smtp port,  the banner is displayed with version, etc.. but if I
enter commands like HELO, HELP, I have the message : "500 5.3.3 Command unrecognized"

Also with the ftp scripts, I can't open ftp sessions, I have the prompt :
User (my_ip:(none)):
I tried with anonymous and without username but I always have :
530 Please login with USER and PASS

I have not modified the scripts except the host, domain and log variable.

Has anybody have the same problem or found a solution ?

Thanks for your help

j.

 Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail