Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeywall roo: rc.firewall questions

From: "Earl Sammons" <esammons () hush com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:53:57 -0700

James,

I'm going to "punt" (for the moment) on "A" but as far as "B" goes,
we set things up so that by default:

ALLOWED_TCP_OUT=22 25 43 80 443
ALLOWED_UDP_OUT=53 123

to support:

SSH, SMTP, Whois, WWW, SSL, DNS, and NTP outbound.

As long as you have configured management IP/Netmask/GW/DNS and
have not otherwise undone the above yum update should work.

You can cehck all of these values with the command 'hwctl -a'.

Earl

On Thu, 26 May 2005 14:25:37 -0700 James Oliver