Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Sebek install issue for v. linux 2.1.7

From: Ty Bodell <tebodell () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:46:44 -0600

Jason--
Did you use the kernel sources RPM or compile one from kernel.org.
See here:
http://seclists.org/lists/honeypots/2004/Jul-Sep/0018.html

Maximillian Dornseif says that the stock redhat af_packet.c in the
kernel source from RedHat (if you installed the RPMs then you got that
one) is different or non-standard.  So I'd quick compile the latest
stable sources from http://www.kernel.org and then give it a shot.  If
that doesn't work send me (or the list) your af_packet.c and the
rejected file and i'll go over it.

By the way as for the /usr/src/linux-2.4 dir, i think redhat creates a
symlink to /usr/src/linux, if not just create a symlink from your
kernel source dir /usr/src/linux-2.6** to /usr/src/linux

Cheers,
Ty